Who We Serve
Safety is the highest priority for the Department of Transportation (DOT). The volume and complexity of regulations and interpretations is testimony to that focus. Corporate Medical Services (CMS) specializes in the following agency regulations in order to help companies comply with their regulations:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
Drug and alcohol testing processes and regulations vary depending on the type of transportation and agency which governs them. Once an employee’s testing is complete, yearly reports and compliance audits demand documentation that all steps were handled correctly and within agency guidelines.
With that in mind, ask yourself these very important questions:
- Do I really want to take time away from my core business to do this?
- Do I have the expertise to fully understand the complexities and nuances of the regulations?
- Do I have the time and resources to manage the compliance responsibilities?
If the answer is ‘no’ to these questions, consider one last question:
- Can I afford to hire someone to manage the program full-time?
The answer is YES! CMS has demonstrated the ability to manage drug and alcohol testing programs for less than they can be done in-house.
Hair Testing to Determine Drug Use Now that President Donald Trump has signed a bill into law requiring the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to provide Congress with an update on the state of guidelines for conducting hair testing within the next 60 days,...read more
Insulin - The Final Rule is Posted. What Now? The FMCSA has come to an agreement on Insulin usage. There are many nuances, but here are the major points. The rule takes effect November 19, 2018, 60 days from today. driver's on "a stable insulin regiment and proper...read more
One of the more common questions we get from our clients revolves around the use of CBD oils and how they affect drug screens. What is CBD? CBD is short for Cannabidiol. THC and CBD are two of the chemicals found in both cannabis and hemp plants. Depending on the...read more