Who We Serve
Safety is the highest priority for the Department of Transportation (DOT). The volume and complexity of regulations and interpretations is testimony to that focus. Corporate Medical Services (CMS) specializes in the following agency regulations in order to help companies comply with their regulations:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
Drug and alcohol testing processes and regulations vary depending on the type of transportation and agency which governs them. Once an employee’s testing is complete, yearly reports and compliance audits demand documentation that all steps were handled correctly and within agency guidelines.
With that in mind, ask yourself these very important questions:
- Do I really want to take time away from my core business to do this?
- Do I have the expertise to fully understand the complexities and nuances of the regulations?
- Do I have the time and resources to manage the compliance responsibilities?
If the answer is ‘no’ to these questions, consider one last question:
- Can I afford to hire someone to manage the program full-time?
The answer is YES! CMS has demonstrated the ability to manage drug and alcohol testing programs for less than they can be done in-house.
“What does traffic management training have in common with MRO services?” CMS recently joined the members of the Tennessee Trucking Association in their Traffic Incidence Management (TIM) training here in Chattanooga. In addition to getting a chance to see some of our...read more
It's official! Attached is the final ruling on the Expanded Opiates for the DOT panel. Starting January 1, expanded opiates (opioids) will be included on all DOT tests. Hasn't the DOT ALWAYS tested for Painkillers? The DOT panel has always included opiates, which...read more
“A deal is not where one person takes advantage over another for profit. A deal is where both people feel as if they received a fair value and are looking forward to repeating the same deal tomorrow and the next day.” – Larry Burgess Visitors are not uncommon on the...read more